Innovations Lab Software automates prescription lens processing by providing a powerful set of functions designed to manage the process and business of lens manufacturing. Innovations is modular and can be custom configured to suit the specific operational needs and workstation arrangements of any size laboratory. Designed to run on single PC or over a network, Innovations is available in a variety of configurations.
- Windows® controls and graphics make it easy to navigate through the program. Online help icons reduce training time and boost productivity.
- Accurate job entry and lens processing.
- Rapid intelligent order entry allows lab personnel to enter prescriptions exactly as written. "Smart lists" display only relevant choices-minimizing the opportunity for operator error.
- Lens selection, surfacing and finishing calculations are preformed automatically using a comprehensive database of lens properties.
- Innovations is compatible with most lab equipment. Printed job tickets and direct machine interfaces assure seamless performance.
- Simple effective lab management. Complete job histories are tracked via PC stations, bar code networks, and machine requests to provide real-time job status feedback.
- Complete inventory control capabilities enable each lab to maintain vendor and on-hand data for lenses; automatically generate, review, and transmit purchase orders; scan in or manually receive shipments and track back orders; and issue shortage orders that direct material to waiting job trays. Such built-in intelligence helps streamline lab workflow, while freeing lab personnel to perform other tasks.
- Innovations generates reports on new work orders, work in process, completed jobs, inventory levels, purchasing activity, lap use and other important lab management data. Its comprehensive reporting capabilities allow managers to analyze the business for more efficient and profitable operations.
- Multitasking capabilities allow multiple Innovations tasks to run alongside programs such as Email, fax, word processing and spreadsheets. This ability maximizes productivity improving overall lab efficiency.
Innovations Lite is an entry-level version of the powerful Innovations Lab Management Software. Intended for progressive, lower volume labs who require superior lens calculations, simple data entry, and a minimum of support, Innovations Lite is self-installable and easy to use.
Innovations Lite features include:
The standard for ease of use Innovations Lite uses familiar Windows controls and graphics. Online help for Innovations Lite and optical topics reduces training time and boosts productivity.
Multi-tasking aids productivity
More work gets done faster with Windows. Multiple Innovations Lite tasks can run alongside programs for Email, fax,word processing and spreadsheets.
Job entry and lens processing
Rapid "intelligent" order entry. Prescriptions are entered as written. "Smart" drop-down lists display only relevant choices. Mistakes are immediately corrected.
Surfacing and finishing calculations are done automatically after entry of Rx information and lens data.
Compatible with most systems
Gerber Coburn and other manufacturers' equipment are supportd by printed job ticket information and optional direct machine interfaces.
Intelligent job entry
Job Entry sets up orders quickly and accurately using settings customized for your lab. Operators quickly adapt to Innovations Lite's well-designed graphics, clear text, and familiar Windows® controls. The result is a job entry process that uses sophisticated computing to make complex order entry comfortable, accurate, and fast.
Job entry features
WindowsÂ® user interface text and graphics present information in an easily understood layout. Operators can rapidly jump between screens or data items using standard Windows commands.
Rapid data entry
All items can be entered rapidly from the keyboard. Common jobs require the fewest entries. Items such as prism are skipped for simple prescriptions, but can still be accessed with a single keystroke for more complex jobs.
Error checking occurs with each entry rather than after an entire form has been filled out.
Orders are entered as written
Prescription entry is intuitive, since it mimics a written Rx. Information is entered in a form that is comfortable for the prescriber and order entry operator. For instance, cylinder can be entered in a plus form, and will be transposed to a minus on the screen. Numbers can be entered with or without decimal points (-4.75 and -475 are both acceptable).
Smart drop-down lists
To simplify and speed up the choice of options, lists appear with only those items that make sense for the current job.
Help screens can be accessed any time to describe job entry items and software controls.
On-screen job summary
A complete job summary builds up at the bottom of each screen as data is entered. This summary is always visible no matter where the operator is in the order entry process. In addition, the operator can jump to any job entry screen by selecting the corresponding row on the job summary.
Innovations Remote is a solution that ensures the timely exchange of patient Rx, lens and accurate frame trace data between satellite locations and a central laboratory. Compatible with all standard tracers, it offers all segments within the ophthalmic lens dispensing chain - ODs, retail outlets and wholesale laboratories - a reliable way to build efficiency, speed and quality into the Rx delivery process. Each remote location must be equipped with Innovations Remote; the lab must be equipped with Innovations Edge, Basic or Standard.
Innovations Remote Features
- Windows® controls and graphics make it easy to navigate through the program, reducing training time and boosting productivity.
- Remote locations can opt to activate the modem on a per job basis, or stack jobs in a queue and transmit them all at the same time.
- Orders can now be transferred using email.
- Rapid, intelligent order entry allows the operator to enter prescriptions exactly as written. When prescription data is entered, smart lists display only relevant choices and correct mistakes immediately. This reduces opportunity for input errors.